Notice Informing Individuals about Nondiscrimination and Accessibility
Atlantic Dental Care, PLC complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Atlantic Dental Care, PLC does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
The Atlantic Dental Care, PLC:
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
○ Qualified sign language interpreters
○ Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
○ Qualified interpreters
○ Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact our Civil Rights Coordinator identify below. If you believe that Atlantic Dental Care, PLC has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with our Civil Rights Coordinator:
Civil Rights Coordinator: _Martha Rountree_ Phone:_757-627-1882 Fax _757-627-7807
Address: 400 Gresham Dr. Ste. 708 Norfolk, VA 23507_Email: email@example.com
You can file a grievance in person or by mail, fax, or email. If you need help filing a grievance, our Civil Rights Coordinator identified above is available to help you. You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 200 Independence Avenue SW., Room 509F, HHH Building, Washington, DC 20201, 1-800-868-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD). Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html.
Español (Spanish) ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx.
한국어 (Korean) 주의: 한국어를 사용하시는 경우, 언어 지원 서비스를 무료로 이용하실 수 있습니다. 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx번으로 전화해 주십시오.
Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese) CHÚ Ý: Nếu bạn nói Tiếng Việt, có các dịch vụ hỗ trợ ngôn ngữ miễn phí dành cho bạn. Gọi số 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx .
繁體中文 (Chinese) 注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx
عربية (Arabic): ملحوظة: إذا كنت تتحدث اذكر اللغة، فإن خدمات المساعدة اللغوية تتوافر لك بالمجان. اتصل برقم 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx (رقم هاتف الصم والبكم: 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx)
Tagalog (Tagalog -Filipino) PAUNAWA: Kung nagsasalita ka ng Tagalog, maaari kang gumamit ng mga serbisyo ng tulong sa wika nang walang bayad. Tumawag sa 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx
ارسی (Farsi):توجه: اگر به زبان فارسی گفتگو می کنید، تسهیلات زبانی بصورت رایگان برای شما فراهم می باشد. با 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx (TTY: 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx) تماس بگیرید.
አማርኛ (Amharic) ማስታወሻ: የሚናገሩት ቋንቋ ኣማርኛ ከሆነ የትርጉም እርዳታ ድርጅቶች፣ በነጻ ሊያግዝዎት ተዘጋጀተዋል፡ ወደ ሚከተለው ቁጥር ይደውሉ 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx
ردُو (Urdu):خبردار: اگر آپ اردو بولتے ہیں، تو آپ کو زبان کی مدد کی خدمات مفت میں دستیاب ہیں ۔ کال کریں 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx (TTY: 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx).
Français (French) ATTENTION: Si vous parlez français, des services d'aide linguistique vous sont proposés gratuitement. Appelez le 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx
Русский (Russian) ВНИМАНИЕ: Если вы говорите на русском языке, то вам доступны бесплатные услуги перевода. Звоните 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx
हिंदी (Hindi) ध्यान दें: यदि आप हिंदी बोलते हैं तो आपके लिए मुफ्त में भाषा सहायता सेवाएं उपलब्ध हैं। 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx (TTY: 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx) पर कॉल करें।
Deutsch (German) ACHTUNG: Wenn Sie Deutsch sprechen, stehen Ihnen kostenlos sprachliche Hilfsdienstleistungen zur Verfügung. Rufnummer: 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx
বাংলা (Bengali) লক্ষ্য করুনঃ যদি আপনি বাংলা, কথা বলতে পারেন, তাহলে নিঃখরচায় ভাষা সহায়তা পরিষেবা উপলব্ধ আছে। ফোন করুন ১-xxx-xxx-xxxx
Igbo asusu (Ibo) Ige nti: O buru na asu Ibo asusu, enyemaka diri gi site na call 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx
èdè Yorùbá (Yoruba) AKIYESI: Ti o ba nso ede Yoruba ofe ni iranlowo lori ede wa fun yin o. E pe ero ibanisoro yi 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx
Nondiscrimination statement for significant publications and signification communications that are small-size:
Atlantic Dental Care, PLC complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act Grievance Procedure
It is the policy of Atlantic Dental Care, PLC not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. Atlantic Dental Care, PLC has adopted an internal grievance procedure providing for prompt and equitable resolution of complaints alleging any action prohibited by Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act (42 U.S.C. 18116) and its implementing regulations at 45 CFR part 92, issued by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Section 1557 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in certain health programs and activities. Section 1557 and its implementing regulations may be examined in the office The Civil Rights Coordinator, who has been designated to coordinate the efforts of Atlantic Dental Care, PLC to comply with Section 1557, at the following address:
Civil Rights Coordinator: _Martha Rountree____
Address: _400 Gresham Dr. Ste. 708 Norfolk, VA 23507___
Phone:_757-627-1882_ Fax _757-627-7807__ Email_info@oberrydentistry.com
Any person who believes someone has been subjected to discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability may file a grievance under this procedure. It is against the law for Atlantic Dental Care, PLC to retaliate against anyone who opposes discrimination, files a grievance, or participates in the investigation of a grievance.
- Grievances must be submitted to the Section 1557 Coordinator within (60 days) of the date the person filing the grievance becomes aware of the alleged discriminatory action.
- A complaint must be in writing, containing the name and address of the person filing it. The complaint must state the problem or action alleged to be discriminatory and the remedy or relief sought.
- The Section 1557 Coordinator (or her/his designee) shall conduct an investigation of the complaint. This investigation may be informal, but it will be thorough, affording all interested persons an opportunity to submit evidence relevant to the complaint. The Section 1557 Coordinator will maintain the files and records of Atlantic Dental Care, PLC relating to such grievances. To the extent possible, and in accordance with applicable law, the Section 1557 Coordinator will take appropriate steps to preserve the confidentiality of files and records relating to grievances and will share them only with those who have a need to know.
- The Section 1557 Coordinator will issue a written decision on the grievance, based on a preponderance of the evidence, no later than 30 days after its filing, including a notice to the complainant of their right to pursue further administrative or legal remedies.
- The person filing the grievance may appeal the decision of the Section 1557 Coordinator by writing to the (Administrator/Chief Executive Officer/Board of Directors/etc.) within 15 days of receiving the Section 1557 Coordinator's decision. The (Administrator/Chief Executive Officer/Board of Directors/etc.) shall issue a written decision in response to the appeal no later than 30 days after its filing.
The availability and use of this grievance procedure does not prevent a person from pursuing other legal or administrative remedies, including filing a complaint of discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in court or with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights. A person can file a complaint of discrimination electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, which is available at: https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 200 Independence Avenue SW., Room 509F, HHH Building, Washington, DC 20201.
Complaint forms are available at: http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html. Such complaints must be filed within 180 days of the date of the alleged discrimination.
Atlantic Dental Care, PLC will make appropriate arrangements to ensure that individuals with disabilities and individuals with limited English proficiency are provided auxiliary aids and services or language assistance services, respectively, if needed to participate in this grievance process. Such arrangements may include, but are not limited to, providing qualified interpreters, providing taped cassettes of material for individuals with low vision, or assuring a barrier-free location for the proceedings. The Section 1557 Coordinator will be responsible for such arrangements.